Pain, No Gain: How to Prevent Musculoskeletal Disorders (C4C)
COURSE DURATION: 1 HOUR | CUSP CREDIT: 1 POINT
Many workplace injuries don’t occur from a single traumatic event. Rather they occur from several months or even years of neglect and abuse that eventually create an injury ticking time bomb. The good news is that these injuries can be avoided by implementing an effective injury prevention strategy. This course will show you what you need to do to take control of your organization’s injuries as well as provide advice on how to get employees to take ownership of their health and well being.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Learn the true value of implementing an injury prevention strategy
- See what pitfalls and mistakes people and organizations make that lead to injuries
- Understand the anatomy of the spine and why back injuries are the most common injury claim
- Learn how cumulative microtrauma is the root cause of many injuries
- Understand how and why you should delegate the injury prevention responsibility
- Get tips and advice for how one can prevent prolonged stress, tension and damage to the body
- Participate in some non-strenuous exercises that will show you how to effectively stretch the muscles in your neck, fingers and arms.
James Clapper, Future Industrial Technologies
Dr. Clapper is a nationally recognized speaker and trainer in the field of Occupational Injury Prevention. With a background in Sports Performance Training for professional and semi-pro athletes, Dr. Clapper knows how the human body is designed to perform. He also knows the ways people use their bodies and put themselves at risk for injury on a daily basis. A participant of recent training said, "I learned things that I thought I knew, but I was wrong". Even though we've lived in our bodies our whole lives, most people have never learned how to use them properly. This is evidenced by the high percentage of unnecessary injuries and re-injuries to backs, shoulders, necks, wrists, knees, etc. Dr. Clapper speaks with 24 years of experience and motivates people to own their bodies and to do simple things to ensure that they last a long time.
Watch a preview video of this course: